Boost Testosterone Naturally To Build Muscle
July 2, 2014 0 Comments
Whether you’re a guy or a girl, you want to build muscle. The benefits of having some solid, lean muscle mass are irrefutable in this day and age. It’s certainly more healthy than fat. And these days, toned muscular bodies are viewed as more sexy than bone-thin, skinny bods. So get with the trend! There are too many reasons, both aesthetic and health related… not to get on board with this trend.
One of the best ways to help build muscle is to boost testosterone a bit. We aren’t talking about ‘roiding out or any BS… we’re talking about ways to boost testosterone naturally building real muscle.
Boost Testosterone Naturally
Here are my 9 tips to boost testosterone naturally:
1. Lift weights. Obvious, I know… but lifting weights will activate muscles and boost testosterone. So pick up those weights. They are your friends. :)
2. Reduce cardio. Besides being less efficient than resistance workouts, a lot of cardio will lower testosterone levels and lead to minimized muscle and strength gains. Limit cardio to one day a week, keeping your workouts limited to shorter, more intense HIIT sessions.
3. Get plenty of sleep. A solid 8 hours of sleep a night will boost testosterone naturally and also give your muscles plenty of time to repair. Sleep is crucial!
4. Limit alcohol consumption. Alcohol, especially in excess will lower testosterone levels.
5. Eat plenty of healthy fats. Obviously don’t overdo it, but make around 25% of your daily caloric intake come from healthy fats. Having your fats at breakfast will also help satiate and set the tone for the day. So enjoy some eggs and a little avocado.
6. Supplement properly. Shakeology for a mix of vitamins, anti-oxidants, probiotics, and superfoods to ensure that all the gaps are filled in the diet. A healthy dose of krill oil for omega-3’s. A stupid simple and effective supplementing plan.
7. Lower carb intake. A carb or sugar heavy diet will lead to insulin spikes and decreased testosterone. Don’t cut them out, just watch your intake and limit to no more than 40% of your daily calories.
8. Keep workouts less than 1 hour. Longer workouts increase cortisol levels and lower testosterone. A good, peak intensity workout can get it done in 30-45 minutes. Focus on this intensity level for best gains.
9. Have sex. Are you really going to question this one? Men in particular can boost testosterone naturally by getting laid.
10. Reduce stress. Stress sucks and can zap your testosterone. Chill out. Find ways to relax. Good workouts and healthy diet can help here.
Boost Testosterone Naturally
There are many other benefits… like strength, energy, reduced risk of osteoporosis, reduced risk of arthritis, increased libido, and decreased food cravings. Follow these tips to boost testosterone naturally and build muscles and enjoy benefits!